Crowdtap Updates

More Rewards on Crowdtap!

Don’t be surprised if you notice some new features Wednesday on Crowdtap.  While we are always working on making the site better for our members and after listening to your requests for more rewards, we are very excited for these updates as they focus heavily on boosting member rewards.  In order to make these changes, the site will be down Tuesday night while the improvements are being made, but the outcome will be well worth the wait.  Here are the changes that you should expect to see this week:

Discussion Awards

–  We are adding the number of people getting rewarded in discussions to one out of every twenty five members! For example: in a discussion of 300 people 12 people will be awarded!

–  Awards for 7 days discussions will be remain at $10, but with the increased awards, the awards for a 300 person discussion would increase from $30 total to $120.

–  Awards for 30 days discussion will increase from $10 to $20.  So, in a 300 person discussion, instead of just $30 awarded, there will now be $360 in total awards!

As you can see, if you actively participate in discussions and provide quality feedback you have a great chance of being one of the discussions winners!

Quick Hits Rewards

Say good bye to those 5¢ rewards for quick hits! The quick hit system has upgraded to include participation bonuses where you have the chance of winning up to a $1 each time you complete a poll!

Profile Page

Additionally, one of the biggest visual changes that you will see is the new member profile page.  This is what the new member profiles will look like:

The first noticeable upgrade is the member nameplate.  Instead of the nameplate only showing your name, level, cash and points, the new nameplate also shows your lifetime cash earned on Crowdtap, your discussion awards, stars, and badges, as well as your charity!  Your new profile also includes a complete view of your statistics, badges, and awards.  Eventually we will give you the option to link your Facebook profile, Twitter page or blog to your Crowdtap profile.

The Crowdtap team would like to thank you for your continued support throughout our development process.  Your feedback, ideas, and encouragement have greatly helped us recently and we are very appreciative.  Please continue to let us know what you think of the site and these changes so we can continue to build an enjoyable experience for you.

Happy Tappin!

The Crowdtap Team

Will H.

Coolness. Is this the last big update before launch then? 🙂

~~W

Michele B.

Excellent! I’m really looking forward to these updates!

TK

I am concerned about these participation bonuses. Will we win $100 for every 20 polls we take to equal out to the 5 cents we receive now? It takes me so long to earn money on Crowdtap that I’m concerned now it’s going to take even longer.

ashely

Its gonna take even longer now because you have a chance to win its not guarenteed i personally dont like that change ive won once since it started

patrick flynn

for the $1 per quick hit, how will the work? It says participation, but on a simple multiple choice question that could be hard to assess….

Hey Patrick,

Great question! After the updates, when you answer a Quick Hit, instead of earning five cents you will have the chance of earning up to $1.00. Sorry if the post was confusing.

Happy Tappin!

heather

I am still confused as to how we would earn ‘up to’ $1.00 does that mean most will not earn anything or we will randomly get an amount? It is kind of vague and not really describing what will happen. I don’t understand how we have a ‘chance’ of earning.

Carrie

It sounds like it will be random. So, we could win $1.00 or we could do 20 and win nothing. 🙁

Crystal

I very much dislike that new feature. It makes me feel like im wasting my time basically.

Stephanie

Yeah, it is random. I think we can only hope that there will be some quirk in the process that guarantees you will win at least $1.00 for every 20 quick polls completed. That would be a great, fair, default.

lucasl

Thanks for letting us know that you prefer the old quick hits rewards. We understand your concern that there may be less to earn. However, by switching to the new system, we will now be able to start offering more rewards in other ways, such as the increased discussion awards. We are also looking into other types of earn outs. Please be patient with us during this change, as over time, you will start to see the benefits.

Steph

Thanks! Looking forward to more chances to win/earn!

Kim P.

Hi~ Looks great! I was wondering if there was anyway for you to show which comments got awarded? Just so people know whats a good answer~ 🙂 A lot of my answers get starred, but I can never tell.

lucasl

Great idea! This is something that we’ll look into adding to the site.

Please keep sending us ideas for the site – we love when our members give us feedback!

Happy Tappin!

donna gilbert

i am looking forward to the new changes it was good the way it was but you folks found a way to make it even better thank you. regards donna g.

lucasl

Thanks Donna! We appreciate the feedback!

jua n

I think its gonna make it look better and run more efficeint

lucasl

Thanks! We appreciate it!

Heather

I really like the new outlook of the page. WTG crowdtap

lucasl

Thanks Heather! Glad to make the site look neater!

jannet p.

love the change cant wait , great job

Tom B.

“Eventually we will be adding ways to link your Facebook profile”

This BETTER be OPTIONAL, since at least 90% of the members have expressed time & again that they want their privacy protected and do NOT wish this link to be forced on us.

Hey Tom,

The linking to your Facebook account will definitely be optional – don’t worry! If you have any other concerns please let us know.

girish

Good going!..waiting for the updates to b implemented! 🙂

Penny W

I love all the things that are going to happen tomorrow! I can’t wait to log in. I really love the fact that you listen to your members and actually asked us what we wanted in the site. It is going to be so much easier to level up, earn rewards and make more for my charity! Crowdtap is my favorite site!

Heidi

looks awesome! I love it when sites actually listen to their people and try to improve!

Heidi,

Thanks for the feedback! Glad to make the site better for you!

Brian

Awesome changes!!! It’s really cool to see this website grow. I can’t wait to see all of the updates…when is it going to “Switch over” to the new layout/additions?

Hey Brian,

The switch will take place tonight. The site may be down for a little while, but everything will be back up tomorrow.

Hope you enjoy the new features and rewards!

kathleen

Awww. Same old Crowdtap today. Must have been problems with the installation last night. As a former IT-er, I know how it goes. But my philosophy has always been to wait and roll in a good product rather than slap in a poor one.

Carrie Danser

Nice! The profile page looks good. I kind of like showing all of our activities on there. More rewards is always awesome!

courtney

I am so excited for the new crowdtap with all the new and great rewards. More money for charity!

Stephanie

Awesome! I love crowdtap and love being able to log in each day and check new discussions going on within the discussions. Thanks for making it even better

lucasl

No problem Stephanie! Glad you like the changes!

Taylor

Wow, looking forward to the new improvements…sounds cool cant wait to see them. i am on here daily and i like it so far.

MP

I like the improvements, but I don’t like the 1 in 25 win the dollar, part of the reason I was on here was because you were getting paid, even if it was a small amount for something easy like polls. 🙁

Louis

This is ridiculous. Previously for every quick hit we would get 5 cents, so for every 20 hits that would be a dollar. Now you have a Chance to win a dollar out of every 25 hits, but get nothing if you dont win. How does this update make it better for us, the users. I know people are going to say “its free” and complain how im ungrateful but I dont like wasting my life on the pc for “just a chance to win a dollar”.

Heather Gomez

I agree I am fed up. I have done so many quick hit’s and have earned nothing, Not even points for doing them.

Carrie

I have to comment that not getting a guaranteed reward will make me less likely to log in and check for quick hits. Yes, I MIGHT earn $1.00 per hit or I might answer 20 or 30 and earn NOTHING. I do NOT like this. 🙁 I would rather know I am getting 5 cents each than maybe earn a dollar sometime.

Karina

What exactly do you mean by ‘up to’ 1:00? Does that mean some people will get nothing, or .05 cents?

Brianna

Oh Nice, I Like The New Layout

Julia

I’m not getting any of the points for the daily comments, what gives?

Hey Julia,

Thanks for the heads up. This is a known problem and we are working on fixing it.

If you see any other issues with the site please let us know.

Keep Tappin,

The CT Team

danielle

why dont i get my points for completing my actions? just curious,,i really like this site but im not understanding exactly how the rewards system works.

Jennifer Johnson

I must admit, I very upset by the change in the quick hits, I enjoyed the 5 cent and 25 cent quick hits…I hate doing things for chance, I’m not a gambler…If the quick hits stay at this “you might get…” system, I’ll get to my cash out level and say goodbye to Crowdtap…Like I said, I don’t like games of change, or having only odds of winning an incentive, that’s not worth my time. I’ll hate to say goodbye though, I’ve really enjoyed this site.

Hey Jennifer,

Brian

Do we not get points for daily comments anymore? Also one thing that would be nice would be daily quick hits! I believe in you Crowdtap!!

Hey Brian,

We are currently working on the points issue and hope to have it fixed soon. We also also trying to get new quick hits posted regularly on CT.

Thanks for your feedback!

Ernest

It is a little unfortunate that average payout on the quick hit polls and the short answer quick hits went down. The quick hit polls used to have 5 cents of value, now they have an expected value of 4 cents. The short answer questions took a drastic nosedive from 25 cents to 8 cents. This is quietly not touched on in the “boosting member rewards” since this is a significant decrease. I think this makes it much harder to cash out for most of the site users, I would imagine. Overall, however, the changes do look nice!

Hey Ernest,

Natasha

So far the new feature where you can never really win money is quite exasperating. Its really hard for a person to win anything. I have to say i liked the .05 cents one better because at least everyone got something out of it. Then the random times where there was the 1.00 ones were also nice.

Hey Natashsa,

Manny

I kinda don’t like the 1-25 win 1$. 5cents X 25 equals to 1.25. I wouldn’t mind getting 5cents knowing that everyone else does too. By now I would have gained 25cents already and been able to cashout.

Hey Manny,

Alex

When we got 5 cents at a time i was getting a lot, now i’ll get almost nothing. I think i’ll be done with this site pretty soon, this is not an upgrade it’s a way for you guys to save money!

Hey Alex,

Julia

So we also don’t get any money from quick hits, but a one in 25 CHANCE to get a 1$?!?
I’d rather have the five cents
at least we now we’d get it.

Hey Julia,

Mimi

I don’t like that we don’t get money from Quick Hits. I rather have the $0.05 then dealing with the 1 in 25 chance which it’s hard to get. Now it’s going to take more longer to earn. Please change it back to it’s old ways on Quick Hits or you will be losing lots of people on Crowdtap.

Hey Mimi,

Jennifer

What EXACTLY does this mean, “chance of winning up to a $1” Does this mean, that we no longer earn money unless we HAPPEN to WIN at this chance thing? If that’s the case, I’ll probably end up leaving CrowdTap because thats crap!

Hart Tomas

Haven’t noticed much of anything different since the 22nd- other than that activities for me seem more dried up and dead than when they started going downhill back in November. AND I did not get full credit for what I just completed. I got my 10 points for logging in, but I left a fresh daily comment, which it obviously had to be since I got the 10 points for logging in, but did not get any points for the daily comment. When trying to reach the next level at 100,000 points and I can’t even garner a stinking 25-or 25 points per day it will take about 8 years to reach that goal! Now I am getting bored and really ready to leave. Come on guys give us something to do. It is B O R I N G O U T H E R E ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Hey Hart,

We are currently working on fixing the points issue and hope to have it functional soon. We are also working on providing more actions for members to complete.

Thanks for your feedback!

Melissa

I joined Crowdtap back a couple of months before Christmas and knew that it would take a little while to earn points or money, but I completed 5 or more hits today and did not even earn the $.05. At this rate, it will take much much longer and more effort for participants.

I understand doing this for the discussions, but these are polls-a simple multiple choice question. I do not get why change the system for the pols.

Hey Melissa,

Jason

I see you guys took my idea from our community discussion! Good to see 🙂

lucasl

Absolutely! Glad you like it!

PinchingAbe

I’m not sure I like the revamp of the quick rewards. Sure, you still get points, but after you reach a certain level, they aren’t worth much. I’ve been a 5 for a long time and I don’t get any of the product tests, etc. that were advertised to those who worked hard to climb the ladder.

I would rather get 5 cents each time or sometimes it was more for quick hits. That was what set Crowdtap apart from other survey sites. Sure, someone has to win, but out of 25 people, 24 people lose. What you are doing is rewarding chance. So you answer a hit in hopes of being that lucky 1:25. After a long time of losing, people will just leave the site. I like surveys, and I like getting paid something for it. But if I consistently lose and never get that coveted buck, I won’t stay.

Hey,

Tobias

You guys ruined crowdtap. Instead of getting a measly $0.05 per hit, we now get an average of $0.04, assuming we actually ever win the 1/25 chance. Nobody really cares about the points at all, they don’t mean anything. This site is going to die if nobody gets paid for their opinions

Hey Tobias,

Karen Sferra

I am not happy with the “chance” to win $1 while doing quick hits. There is no guarantee you are going to be the one to win $1 and if you do, how long will it take to happen again? I would much rather receive 5 cents for each hit. It seems like a lot of other participants feel the same way.

Hey Karen,

Derongan

Wait, so we get less money than before for the quick hits. If all 25 of those people got the 5 cents its worth more than the 1$ given out occasionally. Oh what fun….

Brian

I think there’s something wrong with my account. I am level 6 Gold and haven’t been invited to any new discussions/groups, etc but others have. Also I’m not getting points for daily comments. Help!! Thank you!

Kelsey

I’m disappointed in the changes and I am actually going to quit the site. My $$ total hasn’t gone up any in a very long time even though I’ve been logging in and doing all the quick hits and actions available. The ‘one in 25 wins’ is totally lame.

Julia

Crowdtap stop copying and pasting the same damn answer to everyones complaints and bring BACK the OLD system already!!

shontia

was thinking the same thing

Heather Gomez

“AMEN”! I am so fed up with this crap it is unreal..this site is going to crash and burn because of these “so called changes for the better.

Hillary

hey good job

Thanks Hilary!

Sam Hodge

can you guys please have cash rewards for participating in daily actions for the month? i’m kinda dissapointed that i’ve only made a dollar this month and there needs to be other ways to get revenue than through quick hits.

Hey Sam,

Good idea – this is definitely something we’ll consider doing.

If you have any other ideas or suggestions please let us know.

Keep Tappin!

Kim P

as much as it does seem you have a better chance of winning some money, it’ doesn’t seem that fair to do that for the quickhits. The quickhits allowed you to slowly accumulate some money, and see some value from what your contributing. The previous issue of 3 people in the discussion getting the rewards, but you really don’t see who or what they said that go tthem that reward.

Hey Kim,

Thanks for letting us know you preferred the old quick hits.

Also, great idea for the discussions! We will definitely discuss adding that feature to site.

Happy Tappin!

Mike

Thanks for the update. This is a nice addition to the site.
Definitely looking forward to winning some rewards.

Mike,

You’re welcome! Happy to hear you’re excited about the updates.

Keep Tappin!

Theresa

Bye Crowdtap, I won’t be participating until you bring back the cash. I like sharing my opinions but my time is valuable, although apparently not to you . EVERYONE knows that NO ONE wins in sweepstakes. I have participated in this kind of thing hundreds of times and not won a thing. Win 1.00 in 25 chances? what a joke, I would rather have my buck twenty five because I gave an honest effort. You just don’t want to pay anymore. Hope your site fails soon, because it will if you don’t pay.

Sam Hodge

Also, could you please only give cash and points to people who actually try to give an answer? It’s really not fair that people who just do this for point value aren’t even trying to give good answers. I’ve seen alot of repeats and stuff like that and if they keep it up they should be kicked off the site. It’s not fair to us who try to get the points and money we deserve.

Brian

Why did you guys go to the lottery system for quick hits? I think it’s a terrible move…everyone is complaining and we would all rather get the 5 cents per quick hit instead of a CHANCE at a dollar. Thank you, we hope you listen to us.

J.

Hey lucasl,

Thanks for letting us know that you prefer saving money by losing user with the new quick hits rewards. We understand your concern that you may go bankrupt by having to actually PAY people for what they do for you. However, by switching to the new system before you have come up with any way that compensates the average user, you’ll be saving even more money from pay outs by LOSING members! Rewards, such as the increased discussion awards, do not benefit ALL users, as most will NEVER get paid for those. We are all looking to be compensated in tangible ways for the research data we provide you with. Please fix this quickly, as over time, you will start to see how detrimental this is for your bottom line.

-A CT User

Kimberly R.

I’m a little late to post on this but I just want to say that I really like the new reward system. So far, I’ve earned more on quick hits than I would have the old way and I know it completely random. I feel this is an easier way for all Cowdtappers to earn money! Thanks for the update!

lucasl

You’re welcome Kimberly! We’re glad you like the new rewards system.

Justin

I still have not won any thing but lousy points since the downgrade with the CrowdTap Rewards. Change it back and support your members!!

Brandie Schmidt

ere are the discussions we reply to here? I am new and so lost…

Hey Brandie,

The discussions on Crowdtap would appear under your “New Actions” tab on your homepage of Crowdtap.com. You can also check out our FAQ page to help explain the rest of the site to you:

Hope this helps!

Francine E.

I’m kind of confused on how I can Earn Points. Is there a list somewhere that shows how a New Member can Earn Points? I know you can earn them from doing Polls. Are there any other ways I can earn points? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!! 🙂

lucasl

Check out our FAQ page here:

It helps explain the site and how to earn points as well as cash.

Hope this helps!

Justin

Why wasn’t my last comment posted?
I guess you only post comments that are untruthful and only positive for crowdtap.

My last post was in regards to the downgrade of Crowtaps reward program and would like to have it posted so people will know.

Salena J.

I don’t know, this makes earning anything even more difficult. It’s my first day and I feel like I can’t do anything else but post in discussions. Everyone has their reasons for posting and doing things but they may or may not be awarded. I see where you are going but I don’t if it’s entirely fair.

Wendy Lightner

I really want to earn for my charity!!

Don’t worry – you will!

John

And by that he means you probably won’t for a very long time after an incredibly frustrating and depressing process of earning $1 at the fantastic rate of once a month (if you are incredibly lucky)

penny

I guess we now have to say goodbye to the discussion rewards you mention in this blog. I am very curious as to what happened to the 1 in 25 winners in the April Community Discussions. If you make these kind of changes and only select 1 winner and do not notify us before the discussion begins, it seems only fair that you should select the other 24 winners.
This is the biggest problem the site has, lack of communication. Many of us were okay with the amount for the Quick Hits being taken away, due to the fact that the discussions would include more winners. Since this is not the case now, how are we to earn on the site?
Weekly discussions used to have 3 winners and monthly community used to have 13 to 25 now only one? Many of us want to know what is going on, please explain.

CRIMSON CASSENTA

I’M SORRY, I’M NEW AND VERY CONFUSSED, WHERE DO I GO TO ANSWER POSTINGS? THANKS

jenniferc

Hey, which postings are you trying to respond to? To respond to a comment on a blog post, you can just click the Reply button. To comment on a post in a discussion on Crowdtap, just click the Comment button under the post and a text box will pop up. If you have any other questions, fill out a feedback ticket and we’d be happy to help!

-Jennifer