The days are longer and the temps are warmer: why not enjoy them? We know the perfect way – a picnic!
With a little inspiration from some of our expert content creators, we’ve put together a delicious and spring-approved picnic plan. Here’s what you’ll need:
- An outdoor space. Whether your yard, your roof, or a park nearby, find a little sliver of nature to settle yourself in.
- Something to sit on. We’d recommend an sheet, big tablecloth, or beach blanket so that you have ample space to stretch out next to your meal.
- Utensils. Bring your own from home to reduce waste!
- Napkins. A roll of paper towels is easy to pack and won’t blow away.
- Drinks. Fill a few water bottles or make a pitcher of lemonade to refresh you while you eat.
- Food! The most important element. There are so many perfect picnic snacks, from snackable veggies like carrots and celery to simple pasta salads and sandwiches. See below for a few bites to inspire you!
“I love getting outside with my family and heading outdoors for a picnic! Whether we head out to the park, beach or just our backyard, food is even more enjoyable when we are out in nature.” – Emilie P.
What’s a picnic without a perfect pasta salad! This recipe from Emilie’s blog Finding Zest is prepared and stored in a Mason Jar with the dressing on the bottom. When you’re ready to eat, shake it up and chow down right from the container.
Tortillas layered with cheese and turkey, rolled together, sliced up, and neatly packed into a picnic basket? Sign us up. These delicious pinwheels – and their addictive mustard-y dipping sauce – from Yvonne F. of Tried and Tasty are picnic-perfect.
We couldn’t resist including these delish grilled chicken sliders, even if picnic foods are traditionally chilled. They’re quick to make and provide a hearty, warm meal alongside all your favorite picnic sides. Plus, the poppy seed butter from David D.’s blog Spiced sounds life-changing.
Hungry yet? We sure are, and are already planning our next picnic. Tell us which of these recipes you’re whipping up first, or share your go-to picnic foods in the comments below.