Today we’d like to express our gratitude for the thousands of Tappers tuning in each day to score points for their charity of choice.
Each year Crowdtap donates a percentage of its earnings to the charities you have selected on your Crowdtap profile. Presently, Tappers may choose between 12 different charities and the more you tap, the more you earn for your charity!
Think of it like this: Crowdtap donates a whole pie to charity, but your activity on Crowdtap determines how big a slice of that pie your charity of choice receives!
OK, well not that kind of pie!
This year, we’re proud to announce your earnings for the following charities:
Thank you for being awesome, Tappers!
You might have noticed a few of the Crowds you’re tapping into don’t seem to have a specific brand associated with them… What gives? Is anyone actually listening to all that, tip-top-Tappin? Fret not, gentle Tapper! These “mystery” Crowds are actually driven by brands that want feedback so real, so raw, so honest, they won’t even show their faces. The “Who’s that Crowd?” series will draw back the shroud of mystery surrounding these anonymous Crowds & reveal to you, the master Tapper, how your Tap-Happy habit impacts the brand and the products you shop every day!
How do you quench your thirst?
Are you a craft soda kinda guy? A juice-guzzling kid? A smoothie connoisseur? We all get our beverage fix in different ways, and the major beverage brand behind the Drink Club wants to craft the perfect drink for you!
It’s about that time of year, Tappers: the hustle and bustle of the holidays is upon us – and since there’s no escaping it, why not dive head-first into the season with some serious style?
Holiday gift shopping is best achieved using the 1-for-1 method… meaning 1-for-you and 1-for-me. To help you achieve this most ideal equilibrium, we’re giving away $75 gift cards to Hollister! How can you get in on this shopping spree? Snap a pic of your fall style & upload it to our Fall Fashion Contest.
But first, a little inspiration from a few of our favorite fashionistas on the word wide web:
1. The San Diego Minimalist – @OliviaFaith_
Olivia Faith, a University of California student and cookie enthusiast, styles her photos against stark, simple backgrounds that allow her signature style to pop. In this shoot, she shopped the Abercrombie & Fitch holiday line for moody florals, dark plaids, and whimsical accessories. Seriously, does anyone else suddenly feel daring enough to try the socks with sandals look stat?
You may have noticed that the moderation process for Missions is a little bit different…
Unlike a Photo Challenge, where Moderation looks like this:
The NEW Missions Photo Moderation tool sorts Tapper photos by the Newest (first tab) or the Best (second tab). Click on any photo and give your fellow member a Thumbs Up for a job well done, or a Thumbs Down for a job, well, not so well done. Like so:
At Crowdtap, getting in the Top 100 is a badge of honor. It means that, out of thousands of Tappers, you really wowed us with your content and your advocacy within the crowd.
Most of the time, though, getting in the Top 100 just means more kudos to you (oh and maybe a few extra dibs on those gift cards). But, sometimes, brands like to reward their top Tappers with a little something extra!
In August & September, the #WWSociety rewarded the Top 100 Tappers with something we call a “Surprise & Delight!” Basically, it’s cool swag that you weren’t expecting… just for being awesome! Read on to find out what they won & how you can be a winner this October
You might have noticed a few of the Crowds you’re tapping into don’t seem to have a specific brand associated with them… What gives? Is anyone actually listening to all that, tip-top-Tappin? Fret not, gentle Tapper! These “mystery” Crowds are actually driven by brands that want feedback so real, so raw, so honest, they won’t even show their faces. The “Who’s that Crowd?” series will draw back the shroud of mystery surrounding these anonymous Crowds & reveal to you, the master Tapper, how your Tap-Happy habit impacts the brand and the products you shop every day.
Shop to it, Tappers!
Got a love/hate relationship with shopping? The Moments in Time Crowd wants to hear about it!
What little frustrations do you encounter during your daily supermarket run? How do you feel when you’ve finally found the perfect gift at your favorite homegoods store? What transforms a regular old shopping trip from a chore to a victory?
The brand behind the Moments in Time Crowd is in the retail business and they want to know everything about how, why and where you choose to shop.
We visit different stores for many reasons – some are just the easiest ones to shop at after a long day of work, while others involve planning for one big trip. We pinpoint the stores with the best deals on our favorite products, but we also visit stores just because, for some reason, we like them: They’re more organized, the staff is friendlier, and it feels good to be there.
Now, with the holidays looming large on the horizon, shopping season is in full swing. Each time you step through a new set of shop doors, do you expect a shopping nightmare or a breeze?
Think about it next time you drop in to one of your local shop-haunts to check some names off your gift-list: What do you love about your experience, and what do you wish you could change? The Moments in Time Crowd wants to know. Join today!
Your friends: They’ve been with you for your lowest lows and your highest highs – and even if you haven’t called in a while because you’ve been busy, when you do finally get the time to talk, it’s like you never stopped. With varied schedules and far-flung lives, it can be difficult to scrape together time to just chill with the ladies who know you best. Which is why we challenge you to pick a date and call your girls: It’s time for a Girl’s Night In.
Here are our tips for a night of gossip, hilarity, and good times!
- Host a makeover party! Break out of your beauty rut: Invite the girls over & tell them to bring their supplies. Take turns choosing from YouTube’s selection of amazing beauty tutorials and get you & your besties a brand, new look! As total “Phan” girls, we recommend Beauty Vlogger guru Michelle Phan’s awesome channel.
- Dish the deets. Get the gabbing started fast with cute ice breakers like Mindy Kaling’s hilarious Questions I Ask When I Want to Talk About Myself, adult Mad Libs, or the ever-so-scandalous Cards Against Humanity.
- Make it a Mani / Pedi Party. Go classic with a mani / pedi party – can you ever go wrong with nail polish? Didn’t think so. Stock your table with polishes & let your friends pick their polish!
- Do a closet swap. Got a case of wardrobe boredom? Pick pieces that are still in great condition, but you just can’t bear to wear again – and ask your friends to do the same! Everyone walks away with new clothes. Score!
- Favorite things party. Ask your friends to bring 10 of one little thing they can’t go without: your favorite lip balm? Those amazing oil blotters? The pen that writes like perfection? No item should cost more than $5, but you’ll all come away from the party with a new set of essentials!
Pick your poison: What’s a girl’s night without a few cocktails? Get creative with skinny, Sweet ‘N Low recipes for guilt-free indulgence!
Cocktail recipes clockwise from left:
- Classic Lemon Drop – channel your inner Bond girl!
- Mulled Wine – a twist on your typical bottle!
- Autumn Spiced Pear Cocktail – the perfect seasonal beverage!
- Cherry Limeade Slushies – for the kid at heart!
- Lemon Meringue Smoothie – vegetarian & gluten free!
- Roasted Peach Lemonade – get that last taste of summer!
Pick your finishing touches: A few simple decorations and special snacks will make the occasion feel more special – of course, we had to go with Sweet ‘N Low pink for our party picks! Get a little whimsical and make it a pajama party – can you say comfy?
Finally, be sure to get a ton of cute pics to share on your social networks (because, I mean, did you really have a party if you can’t prove it on Instagram?) Here are some tips for capturing great photos of your friends:
- Level up. Taller or shorter than your BFF? Try to get on her eye-level before you take her photo. The eyes show emotion & personality, so make them the focal point of your photo.
- Step back & then zoom in. Want to get a little bit closer? Step back and zoom – it will blur the background a bit, and pull your subjects into focus.
- Shoot vertically. Save your landscape shots for landscapes!
- Snag candids. Have your camera on-hand for picture-perfect candids. A candid smile has at least a million more megawatts than a posed one!
- Don’t forget the Sweet ‘N Low! If you’re participating in the Sweet ‘n Low hosted party, be sure to include your favorite sweetener in the photos. It doesn’t have to be the subject of the photo, but show off your swag!
Here’s to a super sweet Girl’s Night In!
Folgers® is paving the way to remix your coffee with the portable and tasty Folgers Flavors™ coffee enhancer line! We’re jazzed to fire up the flavor talk at the Folgers® #FlavorTime Twitter Party next Wednesday, 10/8.
Just follow #FlavorTime on Twitter and answer questions from @Crowdtappers for chances to win gift cards. Over $750 is up for grabs, so come with your best tweets and maybe you’ll snag a prize and Folgers® swag! Not a member of the Folgers Fans crowd on Crowdtap yet? Join here!
The #FlavorTime Party Plan:
When: October 8, 2014 at 3PM ET
Where: #FlavorTime on Twitter
Prizes: Over $750 in gift cards
Questions? Ask @Crowdtappers
Prizing Details: No purchase necessary. One prize per winner. US Residents only please. Eligible participants will be selected at random to receive prizes. The prize winners will be announced at the party and will be DM’d by @Crowdtappers to complete shipping details and select product of choice. Prizes must be claimed within 24 hours.
More Details: Winners will be selected at random every 10 minutes. No purchase necessary. Just RSVP by adding your Twitter handle to the comments section below. See Official Rules.
Dang, it feels good to be a Tapper, doesn’t it? Not everyone has access to exclusive information from their favorite brands & the opportunity to discover great new products, but YOU do because you’re Tapped in! Individually, we’re moms and next door neighbors; young professionals and internet lovers; gadget geeks and football fans; organic foodies and cat lovers; and oh-so-much more — but together we are one and we are mighty!
So maybe you’re a newbie and you’re just figuring all this cool stuff out or maybe you’re an old Tappin’ hat – either way, we thought that it’s about time that the Tappers finally had their very own code of honor: The Crowdtap Creed.
Always flexible to the will of the Crowdtap Crowd, the Crowdtap Creed is the Tapping community’s official word on what it means to be a Tapper. Check it out:
Be sure to share this with your friends & fellow Tappers! And tell us, what would you add to the Crowdtap Creed?