Photo Challenges – you love ‘em, we love to see your pics. But what if you could crush the competition every time you logged on to Crowdtap and uploaded your latest masterpiece? We’ve got 20 sure-fire tips to make that happen!
Subject (or the object or person that’s the focus of your photo)
1. Make sure the subject is easy to see
2. Remove irrelevant or distracting items from the frame
3. If you’re taking a picture of a product, shoot from the side or angled rather than above
4. Holding the product works, but be sure your hands and nails are clean
5. Use the focus tool on your camera or phone to pull the subject into focus, objects in the background should blur slightly.
Bonus Tip: If you’re the subject, use a tripod, a camera timer app, or have a friend take the picture!
6. Use multiple sources of light and ideally natural light
7. Avoid indoor bulbs – they tend to look yellow
8. Try not to use a harsh flash
9. If using an iPhone, focus the image & control the amount of light by tapping on the screen
10. Do not over photoshop or add filters
11. If you’re taking a series of photos, be sure to keep the light consistent throughout
12. Be aware of the subjects positioning in the frame
13. An off-center photo often appears more dynamic
14. Avoiding direct eye contact creates more drama & allure and makes the shot feel more candid
15. Avoid “mirror selfies”
16. Choose a setting that compliments the people/objects/theme of your photo & does not distract them
17. Always pay attention to lighting!
18. Make sure the background is not cluttered and distracting
19. If you’re trying to take a mirror selfie, do not cut off your legs & feet
20. Use natural facial expressions rather than exaggerated ones, but show your personality!
Finally, although we live in the age of the iPhone camera, we always recommend using a real digital or DSLR camera to shoot your precious moments.
Ready to say “CHEESE”?
300 Tappers will host Oscars viewing parties sponsored by Neutrogena Hydro Boost this Sunday! We sent them all awesome kits including:
- 1 Large Neutrogena® Hydro Boost Water Gel
- 10 Sample Size Neutrogena® Hydro Boost Water Gel
- 1 Pack of Silver Balloons
- 1 Pack of Blue Balloons
- 1 Hollywood Movie Scene Marker
- 1 Hollywood Star Award
- 1 Pack of Silver Star Cutouts
- 1 Pack of Silver Star Confetti
- 1 Pack of Metallic Blue Star Confetti
- 2 Pack of Popcorn Boxes
We know, it’s a pretty rad pack of swag, and while we wish we could have sent a kit to every Tapper, we only had a limited number of spaces for the biggest Neutrogena brand fans. Still, we’re betting that you want to get in on the action this Sunday, so here are a few tips for a glamorous awards party!
We ask you to tweet a whole lot on Crowdtap, but why? How are Twitter and Crowdtap connected? What kind of Tweets make you a better Tapper AND a better Twitterer?
Read on for the answers to all these burning questions and discover 7 tips to Tweet like a Top Tapper:
Flowers wilt. Chocolates disappear. Bears with candy hearts just betray you.
The only gesture that really counts this Valentine’s Day is one that lets you kick up your feet and take a load-off. So if you want to show some one you love them this year, don’t say it; spray it – the Zep All-Around Oxy Cleaner, that is.
Zep invites you to impress your sweetheart by cleaning up your act, or rather, cleaning up their act. Snap a pic of you cleaning up for your sweetie and enter to win a $50 gift certificate – so you can sweeten the deal with dinner! Enter here
Not sure where to start? We got you covered, Tapper! Here are 7 Tips for the Beginning Cleaner!
Is your sweetheart a busy mom? Take a cue from In the Know Mom and tackle the kids’ bathroom!
Welcome to February: winter’s longest shortest stretch.
Here’s 5 things we’re crushing & crushing on this month… take it away, listicle!
1. Crushing: The Super Bowl
Did you Tap in to answer a few fun questions on your holiday shopping habits? We’ve got your answers all prettied up & ready to share with the world right here! Check out this info graphic on your holiday shopping habits:
Today we’d like to express our gratitude for the thousands of Tappers tuning in each day to score points for their charity of choice.
Each year Crowdtap donates a percentage of its earnings to the charities you have selected on your Crowdtap profile. Presently, Tappers may choose between 12 different charities and the more you tap, the more you earn for your charity!
Think of it like this: Crowdtap donates a whole pie to charity, but your activity on Crowdtap determines how big a slice of that pie your charity of choice receives!
OK, well not that kind of pie!
This year, we’re proud to announce your earnings for the following charities:
Thank you for being awesome, Tappers!
You might have noticed a few of the Crowds you’re tapping into don’t seem to have a specific brand associated with them… What gives? Is anyone actually listening to all that, tip-top-Tappin? Fret not, gentle Tapper! These “mystery” Crowds are actually driven by brands that want feedback so real, so raw, so honest, they won’t even show their faces. The “Who’s that Crowd?” series will draw back the shroud of mystery surrounding these anonymous Crowds & reveal to you, the master Tapper, how your Tap-Happy habit impacts the brand and the products you shop every day!
How do you quench your thirst?
Are you a craft soda kinda guy? A juice-guzzling kid? A smoothie connoisseur? We all get our beverage fix in different ways, and the major beverage brand behind the Drink Club wants to craft the perfect drink for you!
It’s about that time of year, Tappers: the hustle and bustle of the holidays is upon us – and since there’s no escaping it, why not dive head-first into the season with some serious style?
Holiday gift shopping is best achieved using the 1-for-1 method… meaning 1-for-you and 1-for-me. To help you achieve this most ideal equilibrium, we’re giving away $75 gift cards to Hollister! How can you get in on this shopping spree? Snap a pic of your fall style & upload it to our Fall Fashion Contest.
But first, a little inspiration from a few of our favorite fashionistas on the word wide web:
1. The San Diego Minimalist – @OliviaFaith_
Olivia Faith, a University of California student and cookie enthusiast, styles her photos against stark, simple backgrounds that allow her signature style to pop. In this shoot, she shopped the Abercrombie & Fitch holiday line for moody florals, dark plaids, and whimsical accessories. Seriously, does anyone else suddenly feel daring enough to try the socks with sandals look stat?
You may have noticed that the moderation process for Missions is a little bit different…
Unlike a Photo Challenge, where Moderation looks like this:
The NEW Missions Photo Moderation tool sorts Tapper photos by the Newest (first tab) or the Best (second tab). Click on any photo and give your fellow member a Thumbs Up for a job well done, or a Thumbs Down for a job, well, not so well done. Like so: